How To Apply
We seek well-researched grant proposals for projects that address current community needs only in the Dallas, Texas area. Projects that complement other public and private efforts and/or agency collaboration is encouraged. Proposals are welcomed year round and we have no application deadlines.
We DO fund: operating expenses, capital needs and special projects.
Please note we DO NOT fund: individuals, endowments, deficit financing, or organizations that discriminate on the basis of race, religion, or gender. We request that grant applicants wait one year from the date of their last request before re-applying.
All appropriate grant proposals are reviewed as quickly as possible, and additional information may be requested. Please allow 1-2 months for a response.
Proposals should include the following information and attachments:
- Cover letter including name of organization, address and name of contact person with phone number and email address
- Mission and history of the organization
- Amount requested, current fundraising goal and specific purpose for funds
- Description of the community need and how the program meets that need
- Program evaluation method and description of outcomes
- Relation of organization to others within the community
- Current strategic plan, if available
- List of board members, with professional affiliations
- List of staff, with job titles
- List of current major donors and amounts granted to organization, and to program (if applicable)
- Tax determination letter of 501(c)(3) status
Financial information required for all proposals:
- Current year agency budget, showing income and expenses
- Current year balance sheet
- Most recent audited financial statement, OR if agency does not have an audit, most recent Form 990
In addition, if audit is not previous year:
- Previous year balance sheet
- Previous year P&L
For program or capital requests:
- Separate detailed budget, showing income and expenses
Grant proposals are accepted by USPS mail or email. We request that proposals be printed double-sided to save paper, if possible. If you have questions or would like our email address, please fill out our contact us form. To be considered for a grant, please send the completed proposal with attachments to:
Harold Simmons Foundation
Three Lincoln Centre
5430 LBJ Freeway, Suite 1700
Dallas, Texas 75240-2697